Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Eyeballing


I admit my generation lacked no amount of stupidity when it came to drugs and alcohol. This new fad of ‘eyeballing’ Vodka has me thinking maybe we’re being surpassed in the stupidity column. Could you imagine doing something which will possibly blind you? The article also explains ‘snorting whiskey’ as another method the kids are using these days for speeding up intoxication. I guess getting a buzz nowadays involves racing each other to barf, blindness, or blubbering unconsciousness instead of a good time. Sure, there were a few ‘Darwin Award’ winners who sniffed glue, paint, or gasoline back in my day, but those idiotic practices weren’t taken up by the college crowd as hip. If you read this article keep in mind these geniuses are of voting age.

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Pretty stupid, though not as bad as huffing. Still, I can't imagine putting myself through that. Alcohol isn't that hard to drink man.

BernardL said...

It sure is easier than throwing it up into your eyeball, Charles. My first thought was these kids should be extra careful because they don't have any spare brain cells to kill. :)

Bernita said...

What's wrong with drinking it from a glass? she asked plaintively.
This just strikes me as silly.

BernardL said...

Silly, stupid, and incredibly dangerous, Bernita. I have no idea why a glass is no longer hip. :)