Search This Blog

Friday, May 20, 2011

Twenty-Five


Well, I’ve reached twenty-five queries out for HARDCASE before 'Judgment Day' tomorrow. It is of course my new first person POV bad dude novel. I’ve gotten the usual form rejections without comment totaling six so far, which we’ve all come to expect, but at least those agents send you something. The new standard lately stated on agent contact sites is if the agent is interested you get contacted. If they’re not interested and a few months go by then you can automatically consider yourself rejected – not even a form letter. I’ve been amused wondering how my auto repair business would be if I operated in the manner of literary agents… heh…heh…heh. Hey Sparky, I’ll get back to you in a few months on whether I can fix the Escalade or not. If I don’t… well… maybe you better stop by and pick it up. Oh well, I guess it doesn't matter with tomorrow being the end of the world.  :)

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Good luck with the queries you still have out. Sure would be nice to get good news. Maybe the mail will run tomorrow before the end. :)

BernardL said...

That's the spirit, Charles, smile on the way out. :)

raine said...

Not a big fan of that policy either, Bernard. There's always the possibility that it wasn't a matter of the agent losing interest, but that the query/partial wasn't even received.
But I guess that's how they deal with the amazing volume of stuff. :/

Fingers crossed for good news for you!

BernardL said...

Thanks, Raine. At least they have the decency to post their policy on their website so if you don't like it you're free to shop it elsewhere. I wonder how much all this will change in the next couple years with the publishing revamp going on. Anyway, happy Judgment Day. :)