Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

New Judgment Day

Just when you thought it was safe to get on with your life - the man behind ‘Judgment Day’ now predicts it will take place in five months on October 21st New Day. Instead of getting in on the ground floor with ‘I Survived Judgment Day’ T-shirt sales, Harold Camping decided to stretch out his idiocy into a flight straight into pathos. That this goofball’s haven is located in the same city as my auto shop has been a running joke with my customers. I’ve had some very humorous appointments made leading up to May 21st. ‘Hi, I need my oil changed before ‘Judgment Day’ was a popular one. I pass a ‘Judgment Day’ billboard on my way into work every day. Maybe they’ll be able to just paint over the date instead of redoing the whole thing. My daughter was married on 'Judgment Day' and now Camping has picked my wife's 60th birthday as the new 'Judgment Day'. I think I should start charging this clown a royalty fee. I’m considering a special maintenance ad now that ‘The End’ won’t come for another five months – Tune-up for Judgment Day. :)

7 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

They should have a t-shirt with "I survived Judgement day, then underneath the dates, with each one marked off as it passes.

BernardL said...

LOL! Yeah, Charles, a check list would be perfect.

Jordan Summers said...

LOL! That actually would be REALLY funny.

Oh, how I love bat-shit crazy people. They are ever so entertaining.

raine said...

Lol!
I'm with you. He should've gone for the t-shirts. :)
And did your daughter get married last week? If so, congrats!

BernardL said...

Mr. Camping will have to channel his inner P.T. Barnum big time to keep his flock in the pen this time, Jordan. :)

Thank you, Raine. She did indeed. I've already started laying the groundwork for future 'Judgment Day' anniversaries. You can imagine what I'll make out of the new 'Judgement Day' on my wife's birthday. :)

Jordan Summers said...

Oh congrats, Bernard!!! May they have many happy years together without too many judgement days. ;)

I'm not sure your wife will appreciate your birthday humor. *ggg

BernardL said...

Thanks, Jordan. Yeah, my wife gasped when I told her about the new 'Judgment Day' date because she knows all too well what I'm capable of with a weapon like that. :)