Search This Blog

Friday, March 25, 2011

Another Scientific Affront


This very strange article starts out with a Jason Chamberlain looking over a flock of about 50 sheep, many of them possessing partially human livers, hearts, brains and other organs Animal Donors. Huh?! It goes on to explain how scientists have been injecting DNA into animals organs before birth in hopes of pioneering a way to grow replacement parts. Man, I don’t know where all this is going but I hope I’m not around when they get there. The article is good fodder for the fiction writer though. I’ve already come up with some horrific scenarios when ‘Animals Attack’.  :)

3 comments:

raine said...

Er...paging Dr. Moreau?

I've got a bad feeling about this. Great potential for tragedy here. And the scientific community is going to monitor itself?
And the gentleman's quote did not put me at ease:
“We haven’t seen them act as anything but sheep,” Zanjani said.

Somehow, this wouldnn't convince me that the animals were less than human...

Charles Gramlich said...

Unless they start messing around with nervous systems you've got nothing to worry about. No goat with a human liver is ever going to threaten the human race's hegemony.

BernardL said...

It is a preamble to horror, Raine. I don't like it.

Apparently you missed the part about injecting the DNA into their brains too, Charles. I'm not worried about a Gary Goat taking our place anyway. I'm worried about cross species contamination of viral infections when DNA is swapped.