Search This Blog

Monday, September 19, 2011

'Ringer'


Although I was not impressed with the advertisements for ‘Ringer’, I recorded and watched Sarah Michelle Gellar’s new series pilot. Let me state first I never missed an episode of ‘Buffy’. I watched them all with my kids until they left the house to go out on their own. After they moved out I was still tasked with the responsibility to tape all episodes for their viewing convenience. I didn’t mind because I was hooked on ‘Buffy’ completely. They even bought me the DVD set for my birthday one year. Because I like Gellar, I hope she finds an audience for her new show. I’m not it. ‘Ringer’ was without doubt the goofiest premise for a TV series I’ve seen in quite a while. Actually… that statement is unfair, because I have no idea what the premise was for it. I pulled the ripcord at the halfway point before my brain began to emulsify, and turned to my new Kindle for solid entertainment. Pointless, humorless, and mind-numbingly dull are the only words I can think of to describe what I did see of it. Good luck, Buffster. For old times’ sake, I wish you well.  :)

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I like Gellar a lot too. And I thought Buffy was very good. I still catch episodes I haven't seen in the reruns.

BernardL said...

The Buffy series had episodes so good I've watched them innumerable times, Charles. They had humor, a captivating plot, great characters, and very good writing. Unfortunately for the Buffster, 'Ringer' has none of the above. :)

raine said...

Sadly, I've never seen "Buffy".
But ouch on the new show.
Maybe it's missing the Whedon magic?

BernardL said...

Whedon did incorporate humor in his production so that might be why, Raine. 'Ringer' may simply not be my kind of show, but to me, it's so flat as to be unwatchable. If you ever see a 'Buffy' marathon some winter weekend, try some from the very beginning. I think you'll like it. :)