Search This Blog

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Escape into a New Year



A new year dawns in troubled times. No year passes without leaving the dregs of itself spewed across our present day’s mindscape, filled with bittersweet moments lost in hurried lives. Welcome 2015. I have no idea what new kindness, nostalgia, or torment you bring. My many pulp fiction characters stand ready to shield me from your darker moments with stories and plots to bend your bleak reality. They remain loyal, steadfast sentinels, eager for new fictional forays into their worlds, unhampered by your yoke of promised sadness yet to come.

Happy New Year to my many Ethernet acquaintances, writing their own escape into fictional vistas, or reading a new flight of fantasy. May 2015 be a year of renewed hope, with a sunny day once in a while, to help in this unknown trek into reality ahead.

I passed my New Year’s Eve goal of 70k words in Hard Case Book V: Blood and Fear before the heralding horns, gunshots, and fireworks struck. John Harding and his crew helped ring in the new year with me, their voices blotting out the real world’s shadowed realm once again.  :)

I'm sorry the sale is over on the first book in John Harding's first adventure - HARD CASE, but it's still a bargain, as a 100k word action packed, pulp fiction adventure for only $2.99.  :)

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Hope it's mostly good for you in 2015. It's never all good for any of us, of course.

BernardL said...

This will be a very difficult year on the Amazon marketplace, my friend. With the tens of thousands new authors selling novellas and short stories as novels, the readers who buy by the cover or blurb instead of reading the preview are going to be angry. I'm expecting a backlash this year.