Search This Blog

Monday, June 18, 2012

Progress and Wisdom


I finished up edits on DEMON INC, which still ended up in the 78,000 word range. Over the weekend I started the third part in the YA Trilogy with 2,000 words, so it’s officially on to complete the series. 

The main reason for blogging today involves a joke:
 
A sixty-four year old man loved fishing. He sat casting his line in the water from his favorite pier, enjoying the day, when he heard a small voice cry out.
“Pick me up!”
The old guy looked around and didn’t see a single person near him. He thought he was dreaming, but then he heard the voice again.
“Pick me up!”
He glanced down at the water where a frog was floating on the surface. “Pick me up!”
“Are you talking to me,” the old guy asked, quite shaken.
“Yes. Pick me up, kiss me, and I will turn into the most beautiful woman you’ve ever seen. I’ll make all your friends jealous because I will become your mistress!”
The old guy looked at the frog for a moment. He then carefully picked the frog up and put it in his pocket.
“Are you nuts?! What are you doing?! Didn’t you hear me? Kiss me and I will turn into a gorgeous woman and become your mistress.”
The old guy opened his pocket, meeting the little frog's questioning stare. “Nah… at my age, I’d rather have a talking frog.”
With age comes wisdom.  :)

7 comments:

Rick said...

I'm ashamed to admit I understand this joke- and that I find it hilarious.

Charles Gramlich said...

Amen, brother.

BernardL said...

Good, guys, then I'm keeping the frog. :)

raine said...

I agree with the old guy.
The frog sounds more interesting.

BernardL said...

Sure, Raine, and he can also save it for a rainy day when he ain't feelin' quite as old. :)

RJ Parker Publishing said...

Too funny brother, and with everything I've gone through this year, yeah, I'd keep the frog too

BernardL said...

Remember brother, there's always that rainy day when you're feelin' good, and you can pop the frog out of your pocket and get busy. :)