Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

New Release and New Writing



Rick Cantelli, P.I. Book III: Into the Darkness will soon be released. I visited a few of Rick’s locales on a trip to San Diego and Oceanside. The Nite Owl bar I visited back in 1971 when the ship I was stationed on, the USS Ranger, did a shake-down cruise to San Diego seemed vaguely familiar to me over forty years later. The bar became a backdrop for scenes in my Rick Cantelli novels. I met the bar owner this trip. Dave’s family owned the bar for the last couple decades. The Nite Owl is a great bar, and it is just as I described it in the novels. I promised to send Dave glossy covers of all three novels, along with signed copies. Having my kids and wife there with me bordered on the surreal, but we had a great time. We added a drive to Rick’s street along with the beach house locale I use as Rick and Lo’s business recreational property where they host some office gatherings. Naturally a trip to the marina where they have their boat also spiced up this journey to Cantelli-land… not always a place of darkness and shadow.  :)
On the new writing front, I have over 10,000 words done in my new novel. It is another pulp fiction look at my Nick McCarty writer/assassin. Cold Blooded Book III: Sins and Sanctions is underway with a few humorous and deadly twists, as Nick’s quirky persona opens a new gateway even his CIA contact he contracts for didn’t count on. With his partner Gus trying to anchor him down, it’s another dangerous and violent excursion for Nick’s crew.



2 comments:

raine said...

How cool! To walk the paths you created for your own characters, lol!

BernardL said...

And drink in their paths this time, Raine. :) We're hoping for a nice release on August 15th. The surprises in Rick Cantelli, P.I. Book III: Into the Darkness actually begin at The Nite Owl bar. :)