Search This Blog

Friday, June 27, 2014

Writing and Release Update



The chore of bringing all five of the backlist up to date is finally done with all of them on Amazon in Kindle form and paperback. Eventually, we’re going to release them as a boxed set too. The one I expected to take off is actually doing it. My SciFi Space Marine novel Casserine, put in the proper categories after years languishing in the void of AuthorHouse is doing real well. It’s a great love story, along with being a humorous adventure of nearly 700 pages. I also have the link now for the last one to be done: American Survival.

Here's what our boxed set will look like:


In other writing news, I hope to be at the 50,000 word mark by the end of the month on Rick Cantelli, P.I. Book III: Into the Darkness. There are more than a few surprises for Rick and Lo with the return of Rick’s high school love: Stacy Alden. I can’t describe how great it is to be back writing on the new novel. Finally, with my partner RJ Parker’s help, the task I had been avoiding for years is done, and only the new material lies ahead. If I really get a masochistic streak going, I will rewrite and update my first two novels, The Void and Roc… but I don’t see that ever happening. Some things are better left in the past.

Also check out the very enticing bits of romantic fiction from my blog buddy, Raine Weaver. While you’re visiting my friend’s blog, Raine's Secret Garden, take a look around at her published selection of novels on sale now.

8 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I still have to pick up a couple of these.

BernardL said...

I think all but the SciFi one, Casserine would be a little right of center for you, my friend. Although American Survival is an alternate reality World War 3 aftermath type plot, the blame is zeroed in on Clinton's selling of MIRV technology, which took the Red Chinese from complete incompetence firing intercontinental ballistic missiles to being able to threaten us in public with targeting Los Angeles.

Unknown said...

Congratulations for finally getting the books together. I’m sure it’s a HUGE relief. :)

BernardL said...

Thanks, Jordan. I owe our publishing contact at Amazon, Stacy Shabalin, all the credit for seeing what AH was doing. She called me, so the books were not off the market very long. They are selling very well as second editions under RJ's banner, and I wouldn't have realized they were off the market digitally if not for Stacy cluing me in. Yes... it is one hell of a relief. :)

raine said...

You have a kind and generous heart, Bernard. Thank you. :)

You are also rocking the publishing, lol. And you're gotta be excited. A boxed set! How very cool!

BernardL said...

We're all in this together, Raine. You, me, Jordan, Charles, and a host of other writers I've been fortunate to call friends here in the imaginary Internet universe. I wish this business was easier. Since it's not, we can at least share a few bumps in the road along the way. :)

Unknown said...

Oh geez, Bernard. Sounds like a mess. Glad you were able to get it straightened out.

BernardL said...

It was a mess I'd been procrastinating about, Jordan, because they were still paying decent royalty checks. I should have moved on getting the rights back sooner, but with the new material clogging my head, I didn't want to do what needed to be done. I even caught up on my new book this past weekend. It will be at a 100k by the end of July, and RJ will be able to start the pre-release marketing. Best of all... I have one of my favorite voices in my head to keep me company: Rick Cantelli, P.I. :)