Search This Blog

Friday, September 20, 2013

Book Three in the HARD CASE series: VOYAGE OF THE DAMNED


Good and bad news in writing land. The ‘Book Killers’ are still poisoning the Amazon Marketplace. My novel PEACE has been doing better and better in sales, so I knew when my ranking started dropping into the popular zone, I’d be getting another one star hit piece soon. This one was a little comical though because reviewer Captain Chas claimed it sucked from the first ten pages. Because PEACE is nearly 700 pages long, Amazon gives the reader SEVEN full chapters free to sample. The Captain could have at least claimed it sucked from the first seven plus chapters on.  :)
 
Enough with the bad news. On the good front, I just wrote The End to a new novel, which is the third installment in my HARD CASE series, titled VOYAGE OF THE DAMNED. It’s nearly 103,000 words, so it’s a bit longer than my first two books in the series. The dreaded editing process begins tomorrow with release in October. For now, I’ll celebrate finishing another target to annoy the Book Killers with.  :)


8 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Book killers be damned. You're keeping the momentum going and that is key.

BernardL said...

That's all we can do, my friend. They can't stop us from doing what we love to do, Charles. New novels to annoy them with is our only weapon. :)

raine said...

Wow. Are you really getting that many of the one-star rovers, Bernard?

BernardL said...

Only when I reach a certain ranking, where one of my novels is climbing up in sales and ranking in a popular category, Raine. I believe my new novel, Rick Cantelli, P.I. will be next. It has eleven five star reviews and two four star ones. It's been staying up in the ranking for two very competitive categories: Crime, and Private Investigators, and sales has been good. We can't do anything about it as authors anyway. The media has uncovered news on interns from publishing houses admitting to doing hit pieces on indie books. It's possible at some point Amazon will be forced to deal with it. In the meantime, new novels and publishing them is our only defense. :)

Vesper said...

Bernard, I'm checking sometimes your sales for the novels you've listed on novelrank and my heart grows when I see how well they're doing. Congratulations!!! This type of one star reviews won't fool people with a good mind. Yeah, just ignore them...
Congratulations on finishing Voyage of the Damned! Wow!

BernardL said...

Thanks, V. Those one star 'BK's' do hurt... unfortunately, but they are a part of the Amazon marketplace we don't have any control over. Authors write, and publish. That's the only way we can overcome them. My marketing partner, RJ Parker, had sensational sales and reviews until the book killers hit. They destroyed sales in spite of the lengthy preview offered by Amazon. Like with all solutions in this writing business, the cure is keep writing and publishing. :)

Thank you for your kind words and backing over the years, V. Like with any finished product, the release of 'Voyage of the Damned' brings new excitement and commitment. That's what it's all about. :)

Unknown said...

Git er done....I only have two more of your books to go (Lancelot & Archangel).Never thought I could get into paranormal but I really enjoyed the Demon trilogy (Hopefully it doesn't end there....)

BernardL said...

Thanks Richard. I appreciate you checking in very much. Voyage of the Damned will be released very shortly, and I have 10,000 words done in a sequel to Rick Cantelli P.I. After I finish that one, I plan to do a book four in the Demon series. I had a lot of fun doing that series. Thanks again!