Search This Blog

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Screenplay Land



Very good news on the screenplay front – I’m already fifty-one pages into my conversion of HARD CASE to movie screenplay form, complete with camera shot direction. I also have the rest of the book worked out as far as cuts and splices to get it in under 120 pages, which is a two hour movie. I’m getting the hang of it. 

I even went so far as to tweet Jason Momoa, letting him know about the project, because he would be perfect as John Harding. Naturally, I don’t expect him to sign me up. It’s just that what the heck is Twitter for if you can’t throw a line out with some bait on the hook for networking purposes? I’m working on the rest of my cast too in my head. This is the way writing can get exciting. In my seventh decade, exciting is a good thing. Anyway, I’m moving my completion date for the screenplay up to early November, way ahead of schedule.

I’m thinking of immediately starting on the first book of my YA trilogy, DEMON, as my next screenplay conversion, because I have a three book series already completed and edited. This is sure more positive than hoping for agents, publishers, and ‘Fifty Shade’ lightning strikes. I will report if something hangs up the screenplay conversion. So far, it’s paying attention to the camera shots that I’ve had the most difficulty in remembering. That can be caught up in the editing phase though. That’s it from screenplay land.  :)

6 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Screenplay land. Sounds like the Twilight Zone to me, man. Be careful out there. Don't get lost.

BernardL said...

It's a new frontier, Charles. :)

raine said...

Congratulations on the progress into that new field, Bernard! That's one way to keep your interest alive. :)

And if you should happen to snare Mr. Momoa, I know a struggling writer in Ohio who'd make a great extra in your film...

BernardL said...

I'll get you down as an assistant screenwriter, Raine. Filming should be starting in Never Never land real soon. :)

Vesper said...

I can see how this could be very exciting! Keep it up, you're doing great!

I've been toying with graphic novel thoughts for a while now... I think it's similar in many ways.

BernardL said...

I'll get it finished, Vesper. Where it goes from there is anyone's guess. Yeah, to do a graphic novel, imagining your progress in a visual way would be similar. If you can do the art and story, graphic novels are an exciting extension of this writing gig.