1. I want to walk into the shop without my usual angst.
2. I want The Magic Mechanic on call for consultation.
3. I want shop management software
reading my mind (too dangerous) making up invoices on its own.
4. I want if a bolt or tool falls to the floor, it will not proceed to the exact center of the vehicle.
5. I want the Gremlins of auto repair to stop taking the tools or parts I set down, and hiding them in other parts of my shop while I’m not looking.
6. I want every job to go down just like the book says. (I may as well throw in world peace.)
7. I want the frozen bolts I’m loosening to not give way until I am clear of sharp sheet metal and elbow busting frame parts. (If I get this one, there will already be world peace.)
8. I want people to understand, yes I can fix anything on a vehicle; and I can fix theirs, but I also unfortunately have a conscience.
9. I want people to exit and stand away from their vehicles without explanation. (The explanation being it’s human nature to honk, start the vehicle, or put it in gear the moment an unwary mechanic puts his head under the hood.)
10. I want people to stop asking me if I’ll be leaving for my Villa in