Search This Blog

Monday, April 1, 2013

Rick Cantelli, P.I. - Part Nine





Just a slight addition to this post. I didn’t want to put it out there on April Fool’s Day, which was the actual anniversary date.  :)  I went to work at Nilson Brothers Garage in 1976. I bought it from my boss on April 1st 1983. Yes, I purchased a business on an April Fool’s Day. It has been my good luck, I’ve been able to keep the number of days where I’ve looked like a fool to a minimum. I’ve been the proud owner of Nilson Brothers Garage for thirty years. I looked after my kids there (They called it Bernie’s Bored Shop) and I’ve been writing in the back room for a very long time, including today. I started my 4th decade as a small business owner this morning. In celebration, I plan to make sure I don’t get into any trouble.  :)  I've learned one valuable thing over the decades: respect the darkness.  :)
 


I have the new 5,000 word addition to my Rick Cantelli, P.I. Series – Part 9 out at AuthSpot through Triond. Rick gets a supposed cheating husband case, but winds up in a gun battle with drug dealers running a meth lab. A surprise awaits him when he finds out who else is working the meth lab.
The Rick Cantelli series is now up to over 40,000 words, and right on schedule for a full novel release on September 1st. Although it will be full novel length at around the 90,000 word mark, I will probably offer it for only $1.99, because I’ve been publishing it in serial form through Triond. Rick Cantelli and partner Lois Madigan have been the most fun to write since I finished the Demon Trilogy. The third part of the YA trilogy, DEMON AT WAR, will be out on May 1st.
I’m nearing the 70,000 word mark in THE LURE OF HELL, my HARD CASE sequel where I introduce two new characters into John Harding’s Oakland crew, Clint Dostiene and Lynn Montoya. Dostiene has the investigative skills Harding’s been looking for, while Montoya is the most dangerous and cold blooded female killer Harding and his CIA boss Dennis Strobert have ever run across. It’s a match made in heaven… or hell. My good friend and partner, Author RJ Parker will be handling the release and publicity for THE LURE OF HELL. I plan to have it finished and edited for a July 1st release date still. We teamed up on the HARD CASE novel, and it has been doing very well. I’m hoping he likes the sequel.  :)

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Sigh, I'm only at 28,000 words on Wraith of Talera. I gotta pick up the pace! :)

BernardL said...

Yeah, but you just got back started on yours, Charles. You know the excitement starts building as the scenes begin flowing, my friend.