Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

COLD BLOODED Release!

Released on Kindle edition with preview here: COLD BLOODED

When I finished my first novel back in 1977, I figured an author writes a book, publishers scramble to contract it, and nothing is left to do but attend book signings and rake in the money... yeah right.  :)  Deep down, I suspected it wasn't really that easy because I scraped together a real career to pay real life bills while pursuing another passion of mine - fixing cars and trucks. Writing acts as an ephemeral outlet for the characters and stories flitting constantly through my head. When Double Dragon Publishing's Carnal Desires Line contracted my novel LANCELOT and then Wild Child Publishing contracted COLD BLOODED the heady but small dream of using these initial credits to get an agent seemed within my grasp... yeah right. As my writing friends know, we authors now own the promotion side of publishing. When a publishing house is nice enough to give an author a break, we'd love to reciprocate by making their decision a profitable one. COLD BLOODED combines many aspects I love reading and love writing: characters that haunt me with dialogue years after I've given them voice, humor, violence, and gray areas of right and wrong where good doesn't necessarily triumph without a little help from the dark side.  :)

16 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Congrats, man. I will definitely pick it up. Looking forward to reading it.

BernardL said...

Thanks, Charles. That was one long and pockmarked road for this one. :)

raine said...

YAAYYY!!!
Congratulations, Bernard!
A delayed dream come true is still a powerful dream. :)
Wishing you many sales!!

BernardL said...

Thank you, Raine. For the sake of my new editor on it, who had just been hired and loved the story I'm hoping there are enough sales to make her look good. She had to wade through past edits and fixes from the prior editor while still completing her POV Police duties. She was great. :)

Vesper said...

Hey, Bernard, huge congratulations!!!
Interesting cover. I'm not sure this is how I imagined Nick, but it's interesting.
I'm looking forward to reading it.
Best of luck with the sales!

BernardL said...

Thanks, Vesper. I thought their cover reflected the desert scenes pretty well, but I didn't have a lot of options. :) I appreciated your comments here on Nick, Rachel, Jean, and Deke very much while I was writing the manuscript.

Jordan Summers said...

Bernard, I know I'm late to the party, but CONGRATULATIONS!!! I know you've been waiting for this one for, well, seems like forever. Savor this moment. Take time to celebrate. That first sale release only happens once. :)

Must go pick it up now. I can join MONSTER on my ereader. :)

BernardL said...

Thank you, Jordan. Yeah, this was a long time coming. I appreciate the support. I hope you're doing well and enjoying your break from the blog. Remember though, without your advice years ago, I'd still be cranking out 200,000 word masterpieces, thinking the longer the better. :)

Jordan Summers said...

I am doing well, thanks! Just gearing up for the trip to Europe.

Oh, I remember those 200K masterpieces well. I believe I said that the 'red pen' is your friend at one time. ;) *ggg

I'm so glad that I'm here to witness your success. :)

BernardL said...

Have a great trip, Jordan! I remember your last trip inspired 'Paris After Dark'. Maybe this vacation will conjure a sequel. :)

Jordan Summers said...

Here's hoping. :) I really like that story.

BernardL said...

I did too, Jordan, and I liked the way you wove the catacombs into it from your vacation experience. That's the way this writing stuff stays exciting even though there isn't much in the way of success. :)

Jordan Summers said...

Well, Bernard, I'm hoping I find something up one of the mountains. If not, there's always the tour of underground Berlin. *evil grin*

BernardL said...

You'll need to take your vampire Gabriel from 'Paris After Dark' with you as a bodyguard into underground Berlin, Jordan. :)

Jordan Summers said...

...Or my 6'2, shaved-headed Scot might work just as well. ;)

BernardL said...

"...Or my 6'2, shaved-headed Scot might work just as well. ;) "

Very True! :)