Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Hoppingmad II


Not every story with a harsh beginning ends badly here. I thought it would be nice to conclude Ms. Hoppingmad’s story from a few days ago with the unusual happy ending. She brought in the 1998 Cad for me to replace the blower motor pictured above. The rascal costs more than $400 by itself. The good news for she and I was after the new blower motor was in place, I found nothing wrong with the cold air blowing out from the vents. Her AC system thankfully worked fine. Ms. Hoppingmad endured the process of dropping the Cad off and picking it up later stoically; but also politely. Patience and anger management really does work, for me as well as Ms. Hoppingmad. There, the auto repair shop version of a HEA. :)



10 comments:

raine said...

Oh yay!
A happy ending, for both of you. :)
Glad it turned out well, Bernard.

Charles Gramlich said...

Yes, glad Hoppingmad calmed down.

Bernita said...

So, she had some common sense under her temper after all!

BernardL said...

It really is a lift to see the other side of rage, Raine. :)

Me too, Charles. :)

Once her victim mask dropped, she did the math, and made a decision, Bernita: all good things in the real world.

Virginia Lady said...

It's a pity people can't control themselves better in the first place. Nice to hear you had a happy ending.

BernardL said...

It's definitely a nice change of pace, VL. I seldom make a sale of repair to someone experiencing in shop 'Road Rage'. :)

Anonymous said...

Bernard,

I'm glad everything worked out and I hope you made some good money on the deal!

By the way, I'm the same blogger as Price of Silence. I just started my own website.

Have you posted Layla and Cole as a book, or are they still in blog entries (I know I'm a little behind here)?

BernardL said...

Hi Beth. Yea, I finished Layla back in May, and then began the querying process. I wrote another novel on-line I've just finished called Cold Blooded. It's rather graphically violent though. I sent out the first queries on it yesterday. I will check out your website. Thanks for stopping by.

Barbara Martin said...

It must be your charm and quiet behaviour rubbed off on Ms Hoppingmad. I'm glad it had a happy ending.

BernardL said...

It's not charm, Barbara. I'm like Joe Friday on 'Dragnet', 'just the facts, Ma'am'. My regular customers like the approach, but it has been known to turn off some potential new ones. :)